If you are like me, you would then have a very large amount of earrings. I wanted to keep my most frequently worn ones out in sight for easy access, but I didn’t like the projects I saw where you buy mesh wire and place it in a picture frame. So, I decided to improvise and make my own DIY crochet earring holder. I crocheted a swatch in sc and then turned it into an earring holder. Now it only works for dangling earrings, but I am working on making a larger version and adding parts to include earrings with posts and hoops. This is a unique craft idea that would make a wonderful craft to sell for profit!
DIY Crochet Earring Holder [Ravel-It!]
This example was done a while back in crochet with Lion Brand Microspun (which has been discontinued, but any yarn will do) and an F hook.
Swatch of crochet (or knit) to fit the frame
Hot glue gun
1. Disassemble the frame, removing the glass and back part.
2. Measure dimensions of the frame from the inside.
3. Crochet (or knit) a swatch to match those dimensions. (I actually made mine just a tad smaller so I could stretch it and glue it, giving it a more “meshy” look.)
4. Using a hot glue gun, glue the swatch from the inside to all 4 sides.
5. Replace the back of the frame. (optional)
6. Display those fabulous earrings!!